Fairburn Child Discoveres House on Fire

A 12-year-old came home after a fire broke out inside his family’s house.

It happened in the 200 block of Rivertown Road in Fairburn Wednesday. Officials said the child called 911 just after 8 a.m. to report the fire.

Kamren Seo, 12, who was home alone, discovered the fire. Firefighters call him a hero.

“He tried to put it out himself; couldn’t, so he called 911. Came and got the dogs brought them outside, so he did everything I train him to do, so I am very proud of that,” Karmen’s mother, Jacinta Seo said.

Kamren was able to escape and is doing fine, but the Seo home has extensive fire damage.

The single mother of 4 was at work when firefighters said a candle left burning caused her brick home to go up in flames.

She said the reality of losing most all of her possessions is overwhelming.

“I don’t know. I have had stuff for over 20 years and to see it burned up and gone. I can’t breathe. Oh, my God,” said Seo.

Seo said the harsh reality is that with Christmas two weeks away, she has literally lost everything. In a twist of fate, she had hoped to pay her renter’s insurance Friday.

“I am a little distraught right now because I don’t know what to do,” said Seo.

Fire officials said the house is unlivable.

visit main article